By Lynne Hansen
This quantity introduces the examine of language attrition--the forgetting of language. during this first assortment dedicated to moment language attrition, the participants concentrate on contexts of loss the place eastern is both the attriting language, or the changing language. Bringing jointly learn to confirm past hypotheses within the box, this ebook bargains new theoretical and functional insights for these attracted to language switch.
Read Online or Download Second Language Attrition in Japanese Contexts PDF
Similar foreign language study & reference books
The learn of language edition in social context keeps to carry the eye of a big variety of linguists. This study is promoted by way of the yearly colloquia on New methods of studying edition in English' (NWAVE). This quantity is a range of revised papers from the NWAVE XI, held at Georgetown college.
Phonosymbolism, or sound symbolism (Lautsymbolik), is a crucial component of language development. Many critical students, although, have seemed it with embarrassment or indifference. A wary reintroduction of phonosymbolism as an element chargeable for alterations gone through, in various levels, via so much languages might now appear to be so as.
- The rational mechanics of flexible or elastic bodies 1638 - 1788: Introduction to Vol. X and XI (Leonhard Euler, Opera Omnia) (Vol 11/2)
- Nihongo Notes 9.Situational Japanese 4
- A Short History of Linguistics (Longman Linguistics Library)
- Generative and Non-Linear Phonology (Longman Linguistics Library)
- Phénoménologie et institution symbolique (Collection Krisis) (French Edition)
- Herméneutique et linguistique ; suivi de, Wittgenstein et la philosophie du langage (Tiré à part) (French Edition)
Additional info for Second Language Attrition in Japanese Contexts
Subjects who ignored the prompt totally provided no clear information. To explore further, an interventionary approach was adopted for subsequent storytelling as follows: 28 The Loss of English as a Second Language (1) Warm up period to review the two stories with the subject before storytelling begins. The interviewer invited the subject to ask the names of anything before taping began. " Samples of the prompting are (a) The subject below picked up on a prompt: Returnee: he was going down a steep hill Interviewer: cliff Returnee: cliff.
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 5 rank subjects by their overall score (SOC total no. verb) at final assessment and place subjects into three categories: high retention, moderate retention and low retention. The highest scorers all had 80-100%TLU, the moderate group measured approximately 50-79%TLU at final assessment, and the low retention group all had under 50%TLU at final testing. The characteristics of subjects in the three groups will be discussed after we examine the linguistic information in the two tables.
Which required original storytelling from pictures. For example, the performance of Subject 6 is borderline, scoring high retention on the retelling of The Book but only moderate retention on Frog, Where Are You? (1) < 50% TLU indicates high retention by near native speakers. 7, these children maintained TLU scores at over 80%, indicating a high level of communicative ability. Their speech continued to be characterized by idiomatic, nativelike phrasing, although five out of six experienced either decline in vocabulary or increase in redundancy.