By Sana Loue
This specified quantity summarizes the fundamental felony and moral ideas relating to HIV learn, impressive a stability among concept and perform. the writer bargains useful feedback for the implementation of those ideas and combine them with a dialogue of proper medical examine ideas. The book's association follows the series of a research: pre-study making plans, matters which could come up through the process the research, and concerns that come up after the study's end. positive aspects contain pattern kinds that may be followed to be used, explanatory tables and figures, and the quotation of examples particular to HIV learn.
Read or Download Legal and ethical aspects of HIV-related research PDF
Similar research books
Prime students discover the advanced questions coming up from the continuing transformation of Europe throughout the deepening and widening results of eu integration. in accordance with authoritative analyses, the publication takes account of the numerous nationwide, transnational and overseas strategies and contexts within which eu integration has develop into embedded.
Argumentation—arriving at conclusions on a subject matter via a strategy of logical reasoning that comes with debate and persuasion— has in recent times emerged as a imperative subject of debate between technological know-how educators and researchers. there's now a company and basic trust that fostering argumentation in studying actions can strengthen scholars’ severe considering and reasoning talents, and that dialogic and collaborative inquiries are key precursors to an engagement in clinical argumentation.
This foreign symposium makes a speciality of the contributions that biomedical study is making to the availability of right healthiness deal with the expanding numbers of aged humans in all nations, constructed and constructing. fresh, encouraging advancements within the components of malignancy, dementia, osteoporosis, and heart problems are emphasised.
- Kaempferol: Biosynthesis, Food Sources and Therapeutic Uses (Biochemistry Research Trends)
- New Research Demolishes Evolution
- Calving Problems and Early Viability of the Calf: A Seminar in the EEC Programme of Coordination of Research on Beef Production held at Freising, Federal Republic of Germany, May 4–6, 1977
- Invisible Barriers to Invisible Trade (Trade Policy Research Centre)
- Handbook of psychology. Research methods in psychology, 1st Edition
Extra resources for Legal and ethical aspects of HIV-related research
1986), and the politics of enrolling such an individual in a study. Not uncommonly, individual’s infected with HIV will execute durable powers of attorney for health care or general powers of attorney. These documents permit an individual to designate another to act as his or her decision maker in specific situations when he or she is unable to make decisions because of physical or mental incapacity. In some cases, the HIV-infected individual may have designated an individual to make GOVERNING PRINCIPLES 23 determinations regarding the HIV-infected individual’s participation in experimental research.
An Unclear Result 1. Sometimes a test result is not negative and it is not positive. I can’t tell what my HIV result is. 2. ” 3. An unclear result does not mean that I have HIV. 4. An unclear result does not mean that I do not have HIV. 5. An unclear result means that I do not know if I have HIV. A Negative Test Result 1. A negative result may mean that I do not have HIV. 2. Informed consent and agreement to HIV testing. GOVERNING PRINCIPLES 33 2. Sometimes, a person may be infected but have a negative result.
3. I understand that the study will try to keep my HIV test results private from other people. A Positive Test Result 1. A positive test result means that I can spread the HIV virus. 2. A positive test result means that I can spread the HIV virus to other people by having sex. 3. A positive test result means that I can spread the HIV virus to other people by sharing needles. 4. A positive test result does not mean that I have AIDS. 5. If my test result is positive, I may feel upset. I may feel that other people treat me badly if they learn my test result.